We are currently accepting applications for the full time program that begins August 2017. The application deadline for full time is March 22, 2017.
Applications for the part time program that begins January 2018 will be accepted starting March 6, 2017. The application deadline for part time admission is August 1, 2017.
- Registration for a pre-admission assessment (Test of Adult Basic Education or TABE) is the first step in the practical nursing program's application process. This is not the entrance examination, and there is no cost associated with the assessment. The TABE will evaluate whether you have the academic skills required to successfully complete the practical nursing program. Successful completion of the TABE is required prior to submitting your application to the CSLPNCC and registering for the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) entrance exam. Remediation and retesting is offered at no cost to prospective students who do not successfully pass the TABE assessment. When you have successfully passed the TABE assessment, you can then submit your application to the CSLPNCC.
- Complete the application and mail it with the application fee, along with the results of your TABE assessment, and two letters of reference, to:
Office of Admissions
Central Susquehanna LPN Career Center
1339 St. Mary Street, Suite 2
Lewisburg, PA 17837
- Submit your official high school or college transcript. If you have a high school equivalency (GED), we must receive an official report of your scores.
- Applicants are required to have a urine drug screening prior to formal acceptance into the Central Susquehanna LPN Career Center nursing program. If the urine drug screening is positive, admission into the nursing program will be denied. During enrollment, students who demonstrate signs and behaviors that appear to indicate chemical impairment/use will require additional testing. Expense of any additional testing will be the responsibility of the student.
- Take the TEAS entrance exam.
- The Admissions, Academics and Ethics Committee reviews all applications and recommends admission. Please call about your status as an applicant if you do not hear within a reasonable time after the exam.
For further information, please contact the Career Center at (570) 768-4960.