At the completion of the program, you will:
- Assist in assessing the needs of health care recipients by identifying responses to altered basic needs.
- Participate in planning nursing care that will prevent, reduce or resolve altered basic needs of health care recipients.
- Implement nursing care based on principles from the biophysical and psychosocial sciences; assist the RN in more complex situations.
- Participate in the evaluation of nursing care, remaining accountable for your own care given and care delegated to unlicensed healthcare providers.
- Incorporate critical thinking in meeting the needs of all health care recipients.
- Use communication skills effectively in interactions with recipients of health care, their families and health care personnel.
- Function within the ethical and legal framework of practical nursing.